Millions of kids across the United States lack access to a dental care provider, resulting in higher rates of untreated tooth decay and risk of dangerous infections. When kids have healthy smiles, they have a better chance of reaching their potential. America’s ToothFairy improves the lives of children by increasing access to care with essential resources that help nonprofit organizations provide dental services to more children and communities in need.
Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, America’s ToothFairy has provided more than $23.6 million in donated dental products, educational materials, and financial grants to safety-net dental care providers and organizations serving kids in communities with the greatest need. One way the organization funds its mission is through Bid For Smiles, an online auction that offers deep discounts on dental supplies and equipment with 100% of proceeds benefitting oral health programs for children living with restricted access to dental services.
Some of the items up for bid include:
• SciCan® Statim G42000 and a Cavitron® 300 Series System donated by Patterson Dental,
• MI Paste ONE Kids donated by GC America,
• Cordless, electronic injection Dentapens donated by Septodont,
• 2340M Manual Autoclave donated by Tuttnauer,
• Valo Grand Cordless LED Curing Light donated by Ultradent,
• DDS and RDH favorites product packages donated by Pac-Dent,
• Restorative and whitening product bundles donated by SDI,
• Z800 L Air Driven handpiece donated by NSK Dental
• FluoroDose® 5% sodium fluoride varnish donated by Centrix, and lots more!
Now in its eighth year, Bid For Smiles has raised more than $700,000 to support the delivery of dental care and oral health education for kids in need nationwide. This year’s auction is sponsored by Dentsply Sirona and GC America. It begins today at noon EST and ends at 8:00 P.M. EST on March 24th.
To learn more about becoming a sponsor or donating an auction item to future Bid For Smiles auctions, contact Jill Malmgren at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 704-965-2070.