(Charlotte, NC, September 13, 2022) America’s ToothFairy invites all dental professionals to join them during the month of October, Dental Hygiene Month, to spread awareness about why smiles matter for overall good health and success in life, and the value dental hygienists bring to the health of children.
“Parents sometimes see tooth decay as an inevitable part of childhood,” said Jill Malmgren, Executive Director of America’s ToothFairy. “Through this campaign, we hope to encourage families to make good oral health a priority by shining a light on the many ways healthy smiles have an effect on our overall health and success throughout a lifetime.”
My Smile Matters also aims to promote the importance of routine, professional dental hygiene appointments through public-facing campaign activities that include:
• a robust social media kit that contains colorful graphics and suggested text for 25 posts,
• a campaign t-shirt to be worn on World Smile Day,
• an opportunity to nominate an outstanding dental hygienist to receive national recognition and a prize package that includes a Waterpik Aquarius® water flosser
• a challenge to provide toothbrushes and oral health educational materials for 25 kids,
• free downloadable educational resources, and more.
“This is one of our largest awareness campaigns so far,” Malmgren added. “We are excited to see that dental professionals and educators from across the nation have already begun to join our effort by accessing the free resources available on the campaign website in preparation for the launch of the campaign on October 1st. We will continue to add resources throughout the month of September.”
Sign up to receive campaign notifications and access free awareness materials and resources at MySmileMatters.org.